Who is eligible to join
Teams consist of multidisciplinary Christian health professionals. So far, our members have been comprised of doctors, both GP's and hospital specialists, dentists, nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapist and laboratory technicians. With many missions planned ahead, many more 'medics' are needed to do the work of God. All Christian health professionals from various disciplines will be considered and will have a vital role in our missions.
Teams are multinational and multicultural. Most of our members are based in the UK but applications from overseas are welcome. If you are a Christian health professional with a desire to serve the poor and bring the Good News to the lost, please contact Richard or Kwasi (at the contact us link).
All interested health professionals will be asked to send an updated CV, including a reference from their church pastor.
How does it work
EMMA works in partnership with Key Travel to create flight-inclusive travel itineraries. Key Travel is a travel management company, formed over 30 years ago, dedicated to servicing the travel requirements of not for profit organisations. Working with the humanitarian, faith and education sectors, Key Travel uses sector knowledge, technology and unique products to anticipate customer needs and simplify the travel booking process, helping to deliver a tailored travel experience.
Key Travel is a registered member of ABTA and ATOL and offers the financial protection required by UK based customers when making travel arrangements. For the avoidance of doubt where flights are protected by Key Travel under ATOL number 3329 this will be disclosed at the time of booking and an ATOL certificate will be provided. Should an ATOL certificate not be provided this means the flight is not protected by the ATOL scheme.
Ways to can give:
- Your time and skills on a future mission.
- Prayer for all our preparations, fund-raising and the missions themselves.
- Financially - Download gift aid form.
Note: No overhead as all staff are voluntary and self funded - thus all monies received will go towards drugs and equipment taken abroad, with any leftover monies used towards local projects of worth.
All team members are expected to:
- Fund their flights and pay their share of the team's costs in terms of food/water, accommodation and transport plus leisure time during each mission.
- Assist in collecting medical equipment for use abroad.
- Help fund raise as much as possible, not only to purchase medicines in the UK but also to fund worthwhile projects discovered whilst on the mission.
- Travel at their own risk (travel insurance is essential).